10.19.2013

Juicing in the Thermomix! Easy!!!

I woke up this morning, everyday this week mind you, with terrible hayfever. It is quite bad; I can't breathe trough my nose, have itchy watery puffy eyes, scratchy throat and somehow my nose runs and is completely blocked at the same time with generous helpings of sneezes!!!  I know I'm not alone but this is all a part of my Oral Allergy Syndrome. My seasonal allergies have been getting progressively worse since moving here so I am just hoping that all of this desensitization from Canadian pollen isn't going to be replaced by Aussie pollens. I desperately want to continue eating these new families of fruit/veg/nuts.

So this morning I figured my body deserves some vitamin c to help ward off any germs I may bring in through all the nose blowing and touching and clear this sinus infection. I can't taste food in this state so no point in whipping up something decadent. I stuck with a simple juice and it was so good! I could taste the fresh grapefruit and enjoyed basically pulp free juice in 2 minutes...go Thermo!

Ingredients:
2 oranges, peeled and halved 
1 grapefruit, peeled and cut in thirds
1 tray of ice

Add all ingredients to TM bowl. 

Chop at speed 5, 20-30 seconds (until the MC settles down), then blend for 2 minutes, speed 9. You can insert the basket if you'd like to strain the pulp- just make sure you've lined up the lip of the basket with the pouring lip of the TM bowl. I don't find there to be much left after the 2 minutes so I don't bother!!!


Other favourite combos:

2 oranges, peeled and halved
1 lemon, peeled and halved
1 tray of ice

OR

1 apple, quartered
1 orange, peeled and halved
1 lemon, peeled and halved
1 tray of ice

Happy Thermomixing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to know about new posts and amazing recipes!